Day Five - I made it!
Day five began with packing up the tents in the rain and heading off at 7.30am. We had to be at the end by 2pm for the bus pick up back to Queenstown otherwise we would be camping at the bus stop with the sandflys.



The track on this day was around 17kms, but the track was fairly even (no rocks under foot) so the walking was easy, with a few steep sections through the beech forest. The rain cleared after about an hour so we did not get too wet.




We made it to the bus stop at 1pm with an hour to spare, just enough time to have lunch and change out of our wet hiking boots. I was so pleased that I made it to the end of the hike without any injuries. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done but it was worth all of the training and hiking to look back on the photos of an amazing journey that I will remember forever.

I would like to thank Jason and Rosheen from Vital Lifestyle, and the amazing bunch of ladies that mentored me through this trip. I will remember you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment