Getting to Queenstown
The day began at 3.30am when KT and I caught a lift to the airport for our 7am flight to Queenstown. I had not slept at all the night before as I was rushing to finish an assignment, so I was pretty delirious at that point!

The flight went well, Queenstown airport is amazing, it was nice landing among the mountains (although the lady in front of me did not think so and panicked as we landed). There were a million questions from the Customs officers (or so it seemed) and our gear was inspected, luckily we had been told to clean all of our boots and walking poles beforehand.



We checked into BASE hostel and spent the rest of the day shopping for food, buying any last minute gear, packing our back packs and buying hut passes for the hike. We all had dinner at a bar on the lake, before going to bed early. At this point I was too tired to feel nervous, I just wanted to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment